Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Reclaiming a ritual - the skeleton woman

I have partaken of the chocolates that the Enchantress so kindly left for me. While I was bathing my guide returned in her mysterious nature, she advised she was delivering a parcel that was left for me. I thanked her, telling her that I would attend to it after my bath. And then she was gone. I quickly got out of the bath, wrapping myself in the luxurious robe that had been left for me. The parcel, a small box lay on the table next to the chocolate box.It contained the following items: yarn, thread, beads and charms of the sea. It was then that I noticed the note on the inside of the chocolate wrapper Reclaim a RitualI held each of the items, a spiral bead, a seahorse, fish and turtle. The yarn became a knitted amulet bag with a spiral bead closure. As I worked I thought of Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Women Who Run with the Wolves) story of The Skeleton Woman. The Skeleton Woman Cast out banished into the sea tossing and turning washed in washed out bones lay waste. Fishing casting outhooked reeling in fright fear tangled line pile of bones. Untangling piecing together her form tear quenching thirst taking heart beating drum fleshing her ut building her up. Sleep wounded souls entwined together nourishment from the sea feeding off one another. © Megan Warren 21/7/2005 Lisa Phoenix said... Truly beautiful, Megan. Megan said... Thank you, Lisa Anita Marie Moscoso said... Let's try this out at the Abbey!Anita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home